Saturday, October 2, 2010

Writer's Block

I guess this is what writer's block is all about.  I was SO excited to start this blog. I mean, restart it.  It has been something I have thought about for two years.  No joke.  Look at when the blog was created.

It's kind of funny. I am a talkative girl and I have a lot to say. I have some funny shit that happens in my life.  I even have a bit of a fan club on facebook.   When one might choose to forget an embarrassing mishap, I share it with the world.  Okay, maybe not the WORLD, but with my facebook friends.

But I found a 160 character facebook status is one thing.  Writing about the daily events of my life is another.  If you only knew the amount of times I have said to myself "Oh, THIS would be a great story for my blog!"  But yet, I cannot bring myself to write.  What if no one thinks it's funny?  What if people roll their eyes at what I write? What if they don't get me?

I don't know what i am so nervous about.  FOUR people have the link to my blog.  Hi Erin!  Hi Jeanne!  Hi Kelly! Hi Leslie!!  (You will notice it is in alphabetical order..trust me, my daughter and sisters would begin analyzing the order in which I put them!)

It's cold and rainy here today.  So I curled up with a hot cup of coffee, a down comforter, and I watched Julie and Julia.  Julie Powell gave herself 365 days to test 500+ recipes. 

I am not quite that ambitious.  How about instead, I tackle ONE new blog this week.  I am going to make it lighthearted and funny...REALLY funny!  Now I just pray to God something hilarious happens to me this week! If not? I may have to resort to talking about chin hairs and gracefully growing old. Yeah....I hope something happens too!



No comments: